Note: This recipe makes three ounces of lip balm, so make sure you have enough containers. This recipe will make 20 lip balm tubes. You can always reduce the batch size by cutting the recipe in half.
- Line up empty containers. If using a lip balm stick, make sure it ihas been twisted down.
- Measure butters and oils and place in glass jar.
- Fill a large saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add glass jar to center of saucepan.
- Stir every few minutes until ingredients are melted and combined.
- Once wax is melted, remove from heat and let sit for three minutes then add essential oils.
- Pour mixture into lip balm containers and let cool.
- Add a pinch of colored mineral makeup until you get your desired color. Stir until combined.
- Pour tinted lip balm into containers and let cool.
Tip: If you want a harder lip balm, add an additional half ounce of beeswax. For an even softer lip balm, add an additional half ounce of coconut oil. This lip balm makes a great gift and can easily be customized. Change the color or the scent by using a variety of mineral makeup and essential oils.
Recipe from Doterra blog