When I looked at sourcing my own essential oils for natural health care and my families, one of the key points that really struck me was safety. It wasn’t until I myself attended a FREE training I learned about the high testing standard that doTerra aspires to and in fact lead them to create the standard CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade . We have all heard of tests however to hear of doTerra high level of testing it is on a different level.
There are so many companies out there that coin terms such as “pure ” and “therapeutic” however only three to my knowledge that prove this in scientific tests. What about the rest you may ask, well they may have as little as 8%< essential oil and the rest can be fillers and Synthetic. From my personal experience the cheap grapefruit essential oil smelt very different to my doterra grapefruit, my best description would be to say that the synthetic one smelt sickly and the doterra fresh and fruity. But you don’t have to take my word for it the which guide article states that essential oils mixed with synthetics or fillers have no therapeutic value. And what this means to you is that for therapeutic benefits for mind and body you need an essential oil where tests have proven to be highly pure and naturally potent.
Each bottle of doTerra essential oils has a code which indicated the batch and each and every customer can check the testing results achieved. Yes you may think in house testing “well what does that say” ….but in this case it is the third party testing. Now that’s reassuring wouldn’t you agree ?
CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® — An Innovative Standard
doTERRA CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils represent the safest and most beneficial oils available in the world today. For an oil to be CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade the oil must be:
- Pure and natural, with aromatic compounds carefully extracted from plants
- Free from fillers or artificial ingredients; no dilution of active qualities
- Free of contaminants, pesticides, or chemical residues
- Rigorously tested for standards of chemical composition
- Cross tested using mass spectrometry and gas chromatography to ensure exact purity and composition potency
- Sourced by a global network of leading essential oil chemists and growers to ensure correct species, growth in ideal environments, and that raw plant materials were carefully harvested at the right time
Exhert from https://www.doterra.com/GB/en_GB/about-fact-sheet